After graduating from Bentley College in 2003 with a degree in Marketing, Christopher Billings worked in a variety of capacities for Beacon Sports Capital Partners, LLC. Starting his tenure with Beacon as a marketing and business analyst, Chris work with clientele's senior management to analyze and develop improved marketing and sponsorship strategies to maximize core and non-core programming attendance as well as ancillary revenue.
Chris has also held positions as Director of Marketing/Event Coordinator of start-up international event management company, Worldwide Soccer Academy ("WWSA"), out of San Diego, California. Chris's duties with WWSA include but are not limited to: raising seed capital for the friendly games, creating investor presentations and financial projects for principals' and investors, creating grassroots marketing initiatives in target venue markets, negotiating soccer stadium leases, building ticket manifests, and targeting potential sponsorship synergies as well developing sponsorship packages for outsourced marketing agency.
Chris's current role with Beacon Sports has him coordinating with clientele management in developing sponsorship and marketing strategies for sports franchises and sports related start-up clientele along with assisting senior management with creating Private Placement Memorandums and investor presentations. He conducts due diligence on team game day operations, stadium condition, review Team's financials and contractual obligations, and comparable revenue analysis within industry standards. He has assisted in raising and selling over $100 million of equity through public sources, bank debt as well as private infusion for the sales and acquisitions of sports related entities and venue refinancing. Chris has also also participated in the following projects:
- Assisted in Preparing a Financial Feasibility Study for City of Glendale, Arizona during the Phoenix Coyotes bankruptcy (2009)
- Assisted in developing Private Placement Memoranda's for the New Haven Ravens (2004), New Hampshire Fischer Cats (2006), Harrisburg Senators (2007)
- Raised over $250,000 in seed capital for start-up of WWSA operations and event down payments
- Constructed detailed budgets, cash flow projections and pro-forma financial reports of planned events for prospective WWSA investors
- Constructed WWSA's ticket manifests and pricing strategy in coordination with Ticketmaster and Sam Boyd Stadium ticket office based on the low income target market demographics, break-even budget scenarios, and sponsor and media protocols for promotions of WWSA events
- Performed benchmarking analysis of minor league baseball in order to assess an individual team's market competitiveness by analyzing ticket pricing strategies, non-baseball programming, sponsorships opportunities, divesting partial franchise ownership, concession and merchandising margin analysis, along with reviewing contractual franchise obligations