Gerald is President of Beacon Sports Capital Partners, LLC and one of its founding members since the firm’s opening in 1999. Gerald’s entire career has been in banking and corporate finance. Since joining Beacon Sports, Gerald has been instrumental in the following notable transactions:
- Advisor to the City of Wichita, KS in the construction of a $83 million Triple A ballpark in the Riverfront District of Wichita. Assisted the City in the negotiations of a Ballpark Development, Management Use, and Development Agreements as part of this project.
- Worked closely with MiLB owners and officials in the relocation of a Triple A MiLB team from New Orleans to Wichita.
- As exclusive representative, sourced and negotiated senior credit facilities for Wichita Baseball, LLC. Funding was used as a source of working capital for start-up and moving costs as well as the clubs capital contribution to a new ballpark in Wichita.
- In a financial advisory capacity, sourced and negotiated senior credit facilities for Fast Forward Sports Group, LLC, the owner of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp of Triple A MiLB and the Akron Rubber Ducks of Double A MiLB.
- Assisted Ivy Walls Management and its majority owner, Bill Shea in the sale of the Omaha Storm Chasers of Triple A MiLB to Alliance Baseball. Subsequently, arranged equity capital for Alliance Baseball.
- Exclusive Representative to American Baseball Ventures in the sale of their controlling interest in the Lakewood Blue Claws of Single A MiLB to Shore Town Baseball, LLC.
- Represented the ownership group in the sale of the Binghamton Mets of Double A MiLB to Evans Street Baseball, Inc.
- On behalf of Ripken Baseball Group, arranged for the sale of the Charlotte Stone Crabs of Single A MiLB to Caribbean Baseball Initiative, LLC.
- As exclusive representative for DFS Sports, assisted in the sale of the Bowling Green Hot Rods of Single A MiLB to MC Sports Acquisition, LLC.
- On behalf of the City of Glendale, AZ, managed a request for proposal process to arrange a Venue Management Agreement with Anschutz Facilities Management, an affiliate of Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), for the management and operations of the Gila River Arena. Also, prepared a valuation of the Gila River Arena and an analysis of leases of National Hockey League arenas for the City.
- Served an advisor to the owners of the Los Angeles Forum in the restructuring of the arena’s private financing and raised new debt and equity capital. Also managed a request for proposal process for arena management, marketing, and concessions and booking agreements for the facility.
- As an advisor, assisted in the securing of $40 million in capital for Mandalay Baseball in the form of $20 million of private equity and $20 million in senior credit facilities.
- Served as a financial advisor to George Gillett in his acquisition of the Montreal Canadiens, Molson Centre and its real estate holding and operations business.
- Has prepared many valuations of sports franchises and related sports properties for estate and planning purposes.
Gerald is a graduate of Fordham University where he received a B.A. in Economics and the University of Notre Dame where he received a Master of Business Administration.